Monday, March 10, 2014

for whatever reason


 I was a little discouraged this week with my role in missionary work. The work felt too big and I felt inadequate. At our district meeting on Friday we had the Elder's teach us how to have effective companionship evaluation and then we broke into our companionships to practice. I think it was a beneficial practice for us because it opened the door for me to share my concerns. Luckily I have a receptive companion who is understanding and kind which was a big help to me. Since that experience I can tell that Heavenly Father is trying to help me keep a proper perspective concerning my role and helping me have a willing heart to do the hard things.
Today we went to the Salt Lake City Temple with most of our mission. I was inspired seeing those faithful young men and women all dressed in white...the army of God. The spirit of the Holy Ghost was there teaching us and I was blessed by my attendance.

I have just completed reading The Book of Mormon for Carter and now starting to read it for Eli. It is always amazing to me just how much this scripture applies to my life today. As I was reading of Nephi's faithfulness and even in spite of trial and tribulations he praises God and manages to see the bright side of a grim situation. I want to be more like Nephi. I want to have a CAN DO attitude about this missionary service. I want to be friendly, helpful, kind, obedient, cheerful, filled with faith and willing to submit my will to whatever is asked of me.

Tomorrow is a zone conference. I have not experienced that before so I am eager to see just what it is all about. Meetings, meeting new people, being friendly, listening to far-fetched ideas...those things are difficult for me. I am being stretched and I will try to put off this natural man.

No comments:

Post a Comment